Friday, August 05, 2005

You Will Believe a Pat Can Fly


I'm high!


Between the last update and this one, I had a birthday. I didn't really advertise that, but a few of my friends threw together something anyway. Awesome cake.

Anyway, I got a new bookshelf to replace my old one. I still haven't figured out a better way to store my comic books, but at least my other books, novels, and DVDs have an organized place to reside. I also recieved money. You can never go wrong with money. I recieved a copy of Boondock Saints, one of my favorite movies. And someone got me a flight lesson.

Driving up to Frederick Airport, I was greeted by a flight instructor (whose name escapes me at the moment) then took me to a plane, a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. After preflight checks, he guided me through taxiing to the runway, then through takeoff.

I flew the plane for about half an hour. It's very easy and I played with some G-forces for a bit, flying over Harper's Ferry close to Brunswick. Then we landed. It was fun.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!

I'll be going away this weekend, but I should update when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment