Monday, June 13, 2005

Batman Begins Tonight!

WHFS was doing a promotion this weekend where the 20th caller at the right time wins tickets to the premiere of Batman Begins at Arundel Mills. Yesterday at work I was joking with Kelli that I may need off Monday night if I win the tickets after work. She laughed and asked, "Are you gonna try to win them?" I said, "Well I get off at 10 and they've been giving away a pair every hour, so I'll only have two more chances to win them."

On my way home from work last night, I was listening to 105.7 WHFS in the McDonald's drive thru. Thinking "What the heck?" I call in when the red Bat phone rings on the radio. I try once and the line was busy. I try again and it rings, and the DJ picks it up. "Am I the 20th caller?" I ask. "Yes you are." he answers. "SWEET!" I exclaim. I pull out of the drive thru before I can order and park, so I can concentrate.


Christian Bale as Batman


So I've won the tickets and I'm seeing Batman Begins tonight. Radio contest virgin no more!!!

But I was still on the schedule for Monday. I rush back to work and explain to the manager on duty that I need off. I call Kelli on her cell phone and I asked, "Remember what we were joking about earlier? I need a favor." She agreed to work for me so I can be happy. Thanks Kelli!

Expect a review of the film after I get back. WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment