Sunday, June 12, 2005

Some Days You Just Can't Get Rid of a Bomb

I dropped the ball. Not only with updates to this site (sorry loyal visitors!) but also in my film career.

My final movie project was to be a tour de force of everything I've learned in video class, in the form of a movie trailer. "I'll put my friends in it!" I said. "I'll use the MGS3 score!" I said. "It's gonna be awesome!" I said.

But alas, I was an idiot and messed up the dates. I thought it was due on a Monday, so I'd have an entire weekend to edit it together. So naturally I procrastinate on filming. In actuality, it was due the Friday before, because there are no more classes. !@#%!

So I rush it. I film mostly in one day with only two of my friends and some footage a shot the weekend earlier in Virginia. When all is said and done, I only have 4 hours to edit the movie together.


I know kung fu.


As you can imagine, it was crap. Scenes aren't cut as smootly as they should be. Having only three and a half actors and myself to fill an entire trailer is very limiting, unless you know how to do it, which I don't. There were no special effects or techniques used, just shot after shot with maybe some words thrown in for dramatic purposes. The fight scenes were staged horribly, because I don't know how to fight.

I also didn't have enough footage to fill the awesome music, forcing me to reuse the same shot two or three times. There's one part where I'm struggling to open my car door with my keys, which was only supposed to be a quick one second shot. But it ended up taking 10. Which made me look inept enough to be defeated by a car door that I have the key to.

Oh, one last thing. I CAN'T ACT. "They know...where I live." "My bank account's gone.." "WHY...are they doing this?!?" I've never seen myself look so ridiculous.

However, despite all this, I got an A. Probably because the instructor thought it was intentionally cheesy.

I do want to thank Drew, Cori, and Tony for their help. Especially Tony, whose voice acting is superb.

There's little chance I'm going to put the movie up on the site, unless there's high demand for it. And I mean high.

4 comments:

  1. man i am one loyal visitor (or i have no life). because i'm just so important, i'm expressing "high demand" to see your movie. no matter how cheesy it may be, i'm always up for watching the work of a genius!
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome. :) That's one vote... anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind seeing it. I think the "fumbling with car keys" scene is destined to be a classic.

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should post it just to make up for your lack of posting lately. Seriously, it'd be nice to see it.

    ReplyDelete