Monday, April 11, 2005

I Like to Bowl It Bowl It.

Thanks to Malcolm having been born last week 23 years ago, I finally got to go bowling again. I told a lot of people I was very inconsistent when it comes to bowling. Sometimes I'm good, other times I blow. True to nature, my first few frames totaled about 14. Then I had a bowling catharsis and started kicking butt.



Score!


Those are the scores midway through the second game. Guess which one is mine. For those first few frames of the first game Mike called me Senor Zero. Needless to say he adopted the name for himself after my rebirth of skill.

I gave Malcolm an issue of DC's Countdown to Infinite Crisis, the 80 page comic book written by three of DC's best writers and illustrated by five talented artists, and it only cost a dollar. It's a good self-contained story, and a great marketing strategy. 80 pages for only a dollar? Let's face it, you can't beat that value. Which means DC readers and non-DC readers alike will pick it up, and perhaps buy other DC books. It remains to be seen if Malcolm liked it or not. Comments!!


Justice Bowling League


Also while at the bowling alley, I had my first taste of a genuine Dance Dance Revolution arcade machine. I wasn't planning on doing such a thing, so I wasn't prepared for it. I wore my Timberlands to the alley, and because the machine strongly recommends shoes to play, I had to make do. Playing 3 songs at a standard level with clodhoppers on your feet is QUITE the workout. Plus, you really have to stomp on the pads for them to notice you. And the freezes, where you have to keep your foot on that pad for a certain amount of time, were tough because...well...I'm not heavy enough. After 3 songs, my legs and feet were feeling the pain. Nevertheless, it was fun, and it was great to draw a crowd. That's right, Mike and I drew a crowd. They gasped in awe and Mike and I stomped it to the beat for three consecutive songs, and it would probably be considered the first time I ever drew a crowd.

In other news, I completed another video project. This time I had to interview three students about HCC. I thought it was going to be boring, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. What's annoying though is the fact that I was the only student in the class who completed the project. It was due today, and almost everyone else had some lame-ass excuse as to why their project wasn't complete. Out of about 10 students, only two projects were presented to the class. If I were the instructor, I'd be flustered...just like chicken with honey mustard.

I'd really like to be able to post movies on the internet. If anyone can help me with that please let me know.

Thank you again Mandie for the pics. They're awesome!

Later peeps. And for cripes sake leave some comments.

5 comments:

  1. It's a comment! Yay!

    We must go bowling when I visit Maryland. Bowling is tons of fun, but no one around here likes bowling :`(

    And I didn't get to protest Bush, but James promised me he'd yell at him. I'll let you know if he actually did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Texas sucks anyway. I'd be happy to bowl with you when you're in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pat, Jonathan here. If you're looking for a place to post videos, Google has a new video upload thing. https://upload.video.google.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jon! I didn't realize you visited my site, let alone had a blog of your own. I'll look into the video posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahem. Birthday boy belated bothering benignly. Comic=good. Bowling=fun. Blog=Acceptable. Steven Seagal=Under Siege, nothing more should nor needs to exist.

    ReplyDelete