Friday, December 03, 2004

General Update, Crappy Title

Sorry for the lack of updates. It's been a long week. I pulled four all-nighters in a row, with about 12 hours of sleep between four days. Starbucks was my blood for that time.

Anyway, I haven't had much time to do anything other than what I had to, which constitutes work, school, and hygiene. A little bit of Army business in there too. I would complain more about the four papers I had to do for school and the laughable guidelines that my Sociology teacher set for one of those papers that shouldn't have existed in the first place, but I talked to someone who has even more to put up with than me. Although one could argue that she's the dumboid who put herself in that position anyway. I will say that I know I'm in trouble when I start putting jokes and/or wit in my paper. Before printing said paper, I had to perform a spell check and a wit check. Instructors usually frown upon humor in a paper, except for that one time: "When life gives your columns, you make colonnade!" Oh the genius that oozes from that joke...

Next weekend is my next drill date, but this time there's a Class A inspection. In other words for the civilians, I have to wear my dress uniform, the one seen at high-school reunions or fancy dinner parties or courtroom scenes on JAG. This month I had to update the patches and ribbons, for I still had the patch from last year's deployment. I also found out that I couldn't wear some of the ribbons I deserve to wear, solely because my unit never filled out the appropriate paperwork...after a year. This is normal for the military, to be a few steps behind. People keep asking me if I'm going to be deployed again, and I keep giving the same answer: "It's only a matter of time."

I also went to Washington Cathedral yesterday, but I'll share more about that later. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment