Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Uncanny X-Mas

Sorry again for the lack of updatage, but as you can guess, I've been a bit busy. Several bills came to me at what seems like the same time, and during the holiday season, that ain't good. I've also been keeping odd hours, so my sleeping patterns are off, which is why I'm posting this at 3AM Christmas morning.

I love giving presents to people, but I sure as Hell don't like to buy them. It got to the point where every time I swiped a credit card I'm removing a finger, it's so painful. Figuring out what to get for people is also a bugger. Do I go the traditional route with a normal present that's guaranteed the reciever will go, "Oh how nice..", or the quirky not-so-norm gift that bring's out a "That's AWESOME you r0x0rz!!" or a "WTF, mate?" Fighting the crowds and traffic is the best part! No it's not. I was being sarcastic.

Secret Santa's are fun though. I got mine one of those microbead pillow things...called a Fom. The "o" is supposed to have two dots or horizontal colon above it. Hehe, horizontal colon... And what did I recieve? Man, I got a good one. A Spider-Man cocoa and cookie mug set, a fleece throw blanket, also Spider-Man themed, a sketch pad and 3 mechanical Spider-Man pencils. In seeing my reaction, a co-worker asked the person who picked my name how she knew what to get me. She said, "It's like shopping for a big kid." I'll be sipping on that cocoa later on, you can count on that. I like recieving gifts as much as I like giving 'em!

Oh, at work we had a blood drive on my day off. I was encouraging others to sign up for it after I did, but in all the...stuff...I had to do, I forgot about it. That's about the fifth time my blood failed to reach those who need it.

My grandmother tried to talk me in to going to church for what I like to call the Ev' Serv, but I didn't want to go. But my little bro asked me to and I can't say no to him on the Eve. So I went and ran into a guy I hung out with back in my church-involved days of youth, Gene. Back in the day he was the King. And I was one of the other two Kings in that pageant long ago. The third King was a complete jerk named Danny C. We all had solos singing verses of We Three Kings. Anyway, since he was mega-religious and I'm mega-art...gious, I brought up the Washington Cathedral and we had a nice chat.

Also, it's good to see people I don't know posting comments on my blog, I want nothing more than my thoughts to be read and recieve feedback, so I appretiate that. Now if only the people I do know would do the same...

Happy Holidays gang! I'll catcha lata.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and all that stuff.

    --Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy loser! lets see if you can figure out who this is...good OBX times, my yellow guy and your imaginary yellow girl...that strip bar where i wanted a tank top from.....haha merry christmas, cant wait till summer 2005 baby!

    ReplyDelete