Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Not Just About Superheroes

Artists get it when they can't figure out how to draw something. Writers get it when they don't know how to make a story interesting. Guys get it when someone intrudes on their chances of hooking up with a girl. And I've had it for the past week.

A block. In my case, Blog-Block! I was doing just fine, updating fairly regularly, even adding a new feature to the sidebar, until I ran out of stuff to say.

But then I thought of Dan Rosa, a man I met at Comic-Con, and the picture he drew for me.


Scrooge McDuck by Dan Rosa


Dan Rosa is a legendary comic book writer and artist, known mostly for his work on Donald Duck and Scrooge McDuck comics. He's won an Eisner award (the Oscars of comics) and continues to work in comics today.

It was great to meet him. Comics aren't just about superheroes, you know.

Remembering that picture, it's exactly how I felt this past week. If I was old and furry and had a bill with bifocals balanced on the end, I'd look just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment