Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sadly, No Stormtroopers.

I went to Baltimore Comic-Con and spent some money. There were certainly a lot of vendors there, taking up half of the hall, with toys to overprice and back issues to sell. They even had DVDs of unreleased material, probably downloaded, such as The entire 90s X-Men cartoon, the classic BirdMan cartoons, and the yet to be released Family Guy straight-to-video movie. Then the comic book companies themselves took up the other half of the hall. There were several special guests, writers, artists, and inkers, signing and sketching for people. DC Comics had free buttons and advance peeks at upcoming comics. Marvel Comics didn't have a showing at all.

I didn't buy any mainstream stuff, because I can find those anywhere, anytime I want to. What I stuck to was the independant stuff.

Although, I did manage to buy The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, written and drawn by the legendary Don Rosa. He was there, signed it for me, and even did a sketch for me in my book.


Wolverine and Green Lantern at blows
while Rogue and another X-Chick hangs on.


Oh, and there were some people in costume. Not as many as I expected there to be, unfortunately. The Wolverine in the pic above was the most impressive that I saw, but there were a couple other good ones. I saw a Morpheus, a Black Cat, a Nightwing, and a Black Panther. I never saw the Stormtrooper that usually appears at comic conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment